Executive Role Descriptions
- Responsible for cold calling and pitching to potential sponsors, primarily throughout November and December. Training will be provided.
- Develop sponsorship proposals and create cold calling lists.
- Attend networking events held for internship and graduate programs throughout the year to seek potential sponsors.
- Liaise with, arrange meetings and pitch to potential sponsors.
- Liaise with our current sponsors frequently in order to keep them up-to-date.
- Manage sponsor or industry events (talks or networking events).
- Organise careers events for our members, possibly in conjunction with other societies on campus.
- Keep First Year Solutions up-to-date
- Run potential academic help events such as revision lectures
- Run educational seminars, such as LaTeX events
- Coordinate talks by honours students or staff for undergrads
- Helping with the organisation of Integration Bee, MathSoc Championship and other events, with respect to the “mathematics” side
- Maintain the security and content of our website.
- Update the website and Facebook regularly with blog posts about past events or posts submitted by other members, alongside the Marketing Director
- Manage hosting issues.
- Organise lecture bashing schedule (maths lectures)
- Create Facebook events to advertise our events
- Responsible for the UNSW MathSoc Facebook page and other social media presence such as LinkedIn
- Responsible for design of MathSoc merchandise.
- Liaise with School of Mathematics to advertise our events on the screens in the Red Centre
- Being able to create basic cover photos (would be helpful)
- Edit and publish our fortnightly newsletter, along with the Mathematician of the Month
- Take photos for marketing purposes and Arc
- Responsible for all social events (non-sponsor or academic related)
- Working with the Marketing Director to create Facebook events and advertise on Facebook
- Responsible for booking venues, organising catering, etc. and ensuring everything is ready before the day of the event
- Picking up shirts, banner, and change from the MathSoc storeroom before events
- Liaise with other societies for joint-run events
- Lead and direct volunteers to ensure the event runs smoothly
- Assist in planning for future events